Vector Stock Helper 2.0 (Last build: 2.0.0)
Vector Stock Helper is a free Illustrator script for MAC/PC that help vector artist
to check, clean, and export vector files ready for stock.
A powerful tool that simplify all the hard work, and help the Artist to avoid rejections
due technical problems. See detailed features and version history below.
Vector Stock Helper:
Free and powerful tool for vector stock artist.
- MAC/PC compatible (Adobe illustrator CS3,CS4,CS5)
- Check document for all EPS AI8/AI10 incompatibilities (open shapes,
stray points, Items outside the artboard, closed and stroked paths, linked items,
raster items, transparency effects, transparent layers, JPEG preview size, uncolored
items, white or uncolored box used as background)
- Cleanup document to reduce file size and make the document more
user friendly (Delete empty layers, delete guides, delete uncolored items, delete
paterns, symbols and graphics styles, delete unused swatches, add used colors as
global swatches, unlock and unhide layers)
- Export JPEG (.jpg) and EPS (.eps) AI8 or AI10 required files. Optional
files: AI CS3 (.ai), PDF v.7 (.pdf), PNG image(.png) and PSD image (.psd)
- Metadata manager to add Title, description and keyword to the exported
- Configurable image size for exported files. (option to automatic set the minimum
size required to match iStockPhoto JPEG preview standar)
- Easy of use User Interface with fully configurable settings.
How to use the script:
- Open a Document in illustrator to use the script. (Please keep a copy of
your illustration file before use the script) and run the script from the
menu File > Scripts > Stock_Export_Helper_v2.0.0
- Select the folder that you like to export the files.
- Insert the name for the exported files.
- Select the files type you like to export.
- Select the options you like for checking and cleaning up the illustration and file
- Click 'Save' button to save your files (you can bypass check and clean up the document
on save if you like, turning off the checkboxes from "On Save options" panel) If
the illustration was Ok to upload, the script will save all the files selected (eps,jpg,ai,pdf,png,psd)
to the selected folder.
- Click 'Check' or 'Clean up' buttons to check or clean up the document without export
- If the script detect some incompatibilities for EPS AI8/AI10, a dialog windows will
show you all the errors found. When you close this dialog all error items will be
selected for you for easy identification.
- Close Illustrator
- Download, unzip and copy the script file (Stock_Export_Helper_v2.0.0.jsx) in the
Adobe Illustrator ".../Presets/Scripts" folder.
- Open Illustrator, the script will appear in File > Scripts submenu.
to report any bugs or problems you may have found
2.0.0 | December, 2011
- New feature: Export EPS to AI8 or AI10 version.Now you can select
the EPS version to export (by default the script don't check for transparencies.
If you need this feature for AI8 export just select the transparencies checks in
- Fixed: Error when white color is not present in the swatch library and check for
- Fixed: Error with registration color when cleaning up swatches
Note: Due the new features added, after install, the script preferences will
be reseted to default the first time.
1.0.15 | April, 2011
- New feature: Check for white or uncolored box used as background (new iStock rejection policy).
- New feature: Check for uncolored items (unfilled and unstroked).
- Improved: Reduced file size for exported EPS.
- Fixed: Clipping mask object marked as outside of the artboard when only an inside
item was outside of the artboard.
- Fixed: The script crash when it was running without an open document.
1.0.13 | March, 2011
- Fixed: Script initial crash when XMP library file is not present in the system.
The script can´t perform metadata update without this libray,
but now you can still use all the other features.
- Fixed: Tint percentaje used (spot colors) change to 100% after clean up.
- Fixed: Error deleting guides on clean up.
- Fixed: Autosize calculation error under certain circunstances.
- Fixed: The mask object of clipping mask deleted on clean up.
- Fixed: The fill color of clipping mask change to white on clean up
- Fixed: Objects inside clipping Mask wrongly marked as outside of artboard
1.0.00 | February, 2011